PA Rt 44 Ramsey
STREAM RAMSEY RUN, PA
Sign: This is a single-sided, front mount marker, unusual for a stream marker. More unusual is that the sign itself is blank. The text is painted on rather than being cast. It is also placed parallel to the higway.
History: Ramsey Run is named for Thomas Ramsey (1742-1813), a wagon master under George Washigton during the Revolutionary War and who settled on Pine Creek at the future Ramsey Village site where this sign is located. It is located in the village of Ramsey along PA Route 44 North of Jersey Shore and west of Williamsport.
Restoration: Repainted and hand-lettered by Jim Carn, June 2010.
Before and after photos by Jim Carn.